Updated Fall Ombre Nails
While we enjoy the last few weeks of summer, it’s also great to start getting prepared for all the fall beauty trends around the corner. Here’s a look at a stylish ombre manicure inspired by the colours of the season ahead:
What You Need: 1) Four shades of nail polish similar to the colours which are shown in the YouTube tutorial- a warm yellow, pale celery green, burgundy, and bright red- along with a solid pale pink shade to get your base off to a good start.
2) A great quality top coat, such as Butter London Matte Finish Top Coat.
3) A large makeup sponge
1) Start off with clean and dry nails which are trimmed and filed in a square shape. Apply one coat of the pale pink to each nail.
2) Once your first layer has dried, move on to the next step- applying all the beautiful brights. Apply a small streak of each of the four nail colours on the sponge, with each colour slightly above the last to create a “rainbow” look.
3) Next, press each fingernail to the now-colourful sponge so the colour transfers onto your nails.
4) Wipe up excess mess from around the nail area, and allow the polish to dry.
5) Finish off with a top coat, and you now have a fabulous early fall look inspired by nature itself. Enjoy!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity updates from the week's top stories, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine.