Healing Beauty Tricks to Protect Against Flu
There may not be anything pretty about flu season, but there are some nutrient-enriched beauty products which promise to help guard your immune system against seasonal germs and viruses. Here is a list of some healing and wholesome cosmetics and creams to keep illness at bay. Stay healthy, everyone!
1) Aveda Singular Note Eucalyptus Oil: Eucalyptus is a natural decongestant, and plays an important role in defending the body against viruses and coughs. This essential oil ($14 for 29.6 mL) can be used as a massage product for sore muscles, and the herbal aromatherapy aspect is both refreshing and stress-relieving in addition to soothing the senses.
2) Burt’s Bees Medicated with Eucalyptus Oil: This health-conscious lip balm ($4.49) contains both menthol and eucalyptus oils, and is formulated with natural beeswax. If you’re not feeling the greatest, skip the lip gloss and go for this medicated lip remedy instead- it will also help to relieve the chapped lips associated with a cold or the flu.
3) Rosebud Perfume Co. Smith’s Menthol and Eucalyptus Balm: Enriched with essential oils once again, this powerful skin-soothing balm helps heal irritated noses, lips, and faces (which are all common side effects of seasonal illnesses).
4) Avalon Organics Therapeutic Hand and Body Lotion with Ylang Ylang: Enriched with this floral-based essential oil which is valued as an aromatherapy aid, Avalon Organics’ lotion balances the body’s natural fats (lipids) which are vital to providing moisture. Not only does ylang ylang play a defensive role against colds and the flu, but the organic, vegan and environmentally-friendly lotion helps to treat your skin once you are affected.
5) Aveda Singular Note Ylang Ylang Oil: With the ability to reassure the senses and combat tension (a well-rested immune system is a happy immune system!) as well as the ability to ease the senses, this floral-derived and aromatic oil from scientific-minded and proactive cosmetic giant Aveda contains many healing properties.